Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Oh, The Horror! #21: Ava Adore by The Smashing Pumpkins

A band I really got into recently by my dear bud, tokka. I've had their Adore album for a few years but never seen a video from it until maybe a month ago. I freakin' fell in love with their Ava Adore album. Such a beautiful piece of art in my opinion, nice lil' horror nods and imagery.

Some nice little tid-bits about the video from wiki:
-The video, filmed in one long take, is notable for its use of slow and fast motion while the speed of the camera is apparently static, and the band continues to lipsync to the song in perfect rhythm. The calculations required to work out the speed changes caused massive delays on set, causing the band to nearly call off the entire plan.

1 comment:

michaeljsmith said...

...big fan of Smashing Pumpkins with Adore, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, as well as Siamese Dream. Great band