Sunday, September 7, 2008

Oh, The Horror! #2: 2001 Maniacs


2001 Maniacs starring Robert Englund, who we all know and adore as the lovable Freddy Kruger. The movie is a remake on an old horror film called Two Thousand Maniacs! which has a bad rep for bad direction and acting, but of course like all bad rep movies, it's a cult classic, mostly for the over the top gore and violence which the remake did a great job on. Everything was so damn silly and ridiculous that I ended up laughing at almost every damn death in this movie. And it's not like they were poorly done, they were fine. Just the mood of it made it so funny for me and although really gruesome, I'm damn sure I'm not the only one who's gonna have a blast and a laugh.

The movie is about 8 folks, all young, I'm guessing all were college kids, who all take a detour and stumble upon "Pleasant Valley" where they are welcomed with smiles and food and lots of sex! But of course, obviously all the people living there are cannibals!! Rolling Eyes C'mon, who didn't see that coming? Heh, that was a joke btw. But anyways...

Movies like this justify me wanting to buy a gun, I'm sorry to say that. I've seen too many damn horror and suspense flicks where everything could have been resolved if the damn protagonist had a damn gun to shoot the bastard antagonist. Has anyone else seen Quentin Taratino's Deathproof? One of my favorite scenes is when the second set of girls are hanging out at the diner and they talk about how one of them (Kim) carries a gun. Kim tells her girlfriends after 2 of them disagree, "I dunno what kinda futuristic utopia you live in, but where I live a bitch need a gun!" Rosario Dawson's character later says, "A knife at least." Kim: "You do know what happens to muthafuckas who carry knives, right? They get shot!" HAHA! And I must agree, I'm sorry. And after seeing Vacancy, hell no. I plan to get a damn license and gun for whenever I travel and stay at some creepy town or motel. Screw that.

But yes, anyway! This is not a great movie at all but if you want to pass time for no reason whatsoever, check this out. You get to see boobs, cousins making out, a guy getting his twig and berries literally eaten, a guy with a spear up his butt, a guy's eyes pop out, a woman with all her limbs decapitated by horses, etc etc. Let's have a gay ole' time, ya'll!

3 comments:

michaeljsmith said...

Everyone needs to have a blog or two :-)

~ tOkKa said...

-->> 2001 M. o f6ck !!

TOTAL MAKE-OUT FLICK !!

>v<

Greg said...

Haha! It truly is, tokka!

And brik! My Image buddy, visit more often! heh